Tuesday, January 16, 2007





American Idol

I just finished watching this years first episode of American Idol. It was a two hour special. I really like the season's early shows the best. That's when they (Randy, Paula and Simon) go around to various cities in the US and audition some of the worse "talent" that one can imagine. Where do they find those people? Unfortunately, its the most untalented and pathetic people that make for the best entertainment.

This week they were in Minneapolis. There are a lot of people out there in the heartland that can sing good enough to get through a shower without breaking any glass. But not a lot better. They are often surrounded by people who can't sing at all and are completely tone deaf. So these shower singers get the feeling that maybe they can sing good enough to go in front of millions of people and sing. Unfortunately, the tone deaf people only encourage them if only to make them feel good and because they don't know any better. It's all done with the best of intentions and with the most disastrous of results. It's like some illiterate reading my blog and then convincing me that I can write. But I know better.

Anyhow, I enjoyed it. It's on again tomorrow night. They'll be in Seattle. But I won't be able to watch. I'll be at choir practice. Maybe I'll record it using my little device that I mentioned in my last blog.

Time for bed. Au Revoir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

saw same show-different take...told ila i could not believe judges laughing,joking about these contestants...looked like a freak show...i felt so AWFUL for these people..
making fun of other people is NOT entertainment to me !! do producers or whoever not screen contestants so as not to put them through this crying and self esteem destruction?
by the way, i only watched this becuase ila likes idol...no more for me..
al