Monday, December 06, 2004

Damn, it's late already and I haven't blogged yet. Not much happened today. Gave blood at 3:00 PM over at the Red Cross in Durham. This is the first time that I have given blood since the Dean Dome donation drive back in June. I usually give more regularly (every 60 days or so).

Last time I gave, I got a letter from the Red Cross that said that my blood was part of a group of transfusions that caused an adverse reaction. There was something about a rare white cell antigen and they needed to test all the donors in that group for cooties or whatever. I hope nobody died. So I went in about a month later and gave a few tubes. It took freekin forever to get the results back. I called the office in Charlotte where this was being handled a gazillion times and nobody ever returned my calls. Eventually I got a call from the Durham site asking for blood. I told them what had happened with the rampant incompetance in the Charlotte office and they were able to rattle the cages and finally get an answer. It wasn't my blood that caused the problem. So I could give again. They screwed things up so bad in Charlotte that somebody decided to send me a little metal 1935 model Red Cross blood hauler. It's real nice.

So I've given around 39 pints since I started giving again after we moved back to NC. My BP was a little higher than usual today. It was 127/79. It's usually around 114/65 or so. Maybe I should check it again sometime soon. Maybe when I give blood again in February.

By the way, if you give blood regularly, good for you. If you don't, maybe you should try it. It's not bad, even for a baby like me, as long as I don't look. If I don't look, there ain't nothing to it. If I look, it's "lights out" for Philip. So I don't look anymore. Not even tempted.

I going to bed. See you tomorrow.

No comments: