Saturday, May 26, 2007

Downtown Durham Update

Over a year ago I wrote a blog about the work going on in downtown Durham, NC. I specifically wrote about the absurd placement of a new fire hydrant in the middle of the street. Well now I can see, sort of, why it was put where it was. It looks like the curbing was going to be extended out further so that the place where the new hydrant was to be placed would be on the sidewalk. That's all well and good except that a year has passed and these photos show how the project is going.





I'm glad I don't pay taxes in Durham, though I suspect that there's a bit of Federal money going into this downtown revitalization project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, you're going to our reunion?
fire hydrant sounds like a mixture of ralph nader and republicans...hazard and this is where my tax money goes..
damn, if you aren't mcgyver on fixing technology...i'll always be jealous...see why i always said you were smartest in our class..want me to tell that at reunion? keep blogging and hope to see you soon!
al