Saturday, July 08, 2006

Good afternoon Blogging fans, all two or three of you. This morning I did some weeding. Our house sits off of a little island (the concrete kind) along a dead end street. Heere's an arial view of the island:



Every once in a while the island starts to look a bit ragged so one of many neighbors will be moved to do something about it. This was my morning. The weather was a bit cooler and I felt like doing something mildly useful.

So I got out the wheel barrow and an assortment of tools and went down to the island to do a bit of weeding. It was about 10:00 AM. I had already had a few cups of coffee and had done the daily Jumble and crossword puzzle before I went out. I took a picture of the weeds before I got started. It was mostly some kind of grassy crap.



This turned out to be a bit of work. I couldn't just pull the crap out. I had to go into the ground with the dandelion tool and break off the roots about an inch below the surface. After about an hour, I took another picture.



Looks much better doesn't it? I worked for about one hour more, then I came in and ate lunch. I've done enough yard work for one day.

Bye!

No comments: